I’m John Hyde. I’m an academic coach and I founded Academic Empowerment Academy to empower students to reach their potential, find joy in their education, and help parents feel more confident in their teen’s future.
I am a former classroom teacher who believes there is a better way to educate our children.
I became an academic coach because I am passionate about helping teens reach their academic potential, reducing parents’ stress levels, and creating an environment that encourages a growth mindset and academic success.
Can AE Academy Help Your Teen?
1-on-1 Coaching Program
I created this program to help young adults find their intrinsic motivation, develop a growth mindset, and find success in the classroom.
I empower my students with the foundational academic skills and the mindset they need to meet their potential in school and personal life.
By the end of my academic coaching program, your teen will:
- Take ownership over their academics
- Improve their confidence and self-esteem
- Be motivated to go to school and meet their potential
- Set attainable, behavior-based goals
- Follow a weekly routine of their own creation
- Turn in their assignments on time
- Learn academic skills like note-taking, studying, and test-taking strategies
- Develop a growth mindset
The benefits of my coaching program extend to parents as well. By the time your teen completes my coaching program, you will:
- Feel more confident about your teen’s future
- Feel less stressed about your teen’s academic performance
- Know how to praise and support them
- No longer have to micromanage and supervise
- Have a better relationship with your teen
“John has been instrumental in helping my son learn to be a student. He has helped him set up good foundations for studying, how to take notes and organize his thoughts. John has helped my son become a successful student who knows how to tackle any subject.“– Lisa